LIVE Special Thread: Yanayojiri Mgogoro wa Ukraine na Urusi. Nini chanzo na hatma ya mzozo?

Live coverage on JamiiForums
🇷🇺🇺🇦⚡- Russian forces advanced 2,500 meters west to Volchya lake (Avdiivka direction).

Ukrainian sources confirm withdrawing from Evgenovka to their fortifications in the north. Control over the town by either side will be extremely difficult, as it lays on very low ground.
 
High-tech Western weapons ‘useless’ in Ukraine conflict – WSJ

Satellite-guided shells are particularly vulnerable to Russian jamming technology, commanders in Kiev have told the newspaper
High-tech Western weapons ‘useless’ in Ukraine conflict – WSJ
Ukrainian soldiers fire a Swedish-made Archer 155mm howitzer at Russian positions in the Donetsk People's Republic, January 20, 2024 © AFP / Roman Pilipey
Russia’s electronic warfare capabilities have rendered precision-guided Western munitions “useless” in the Ukraine conflict, the Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday. With their guidance systems scrambled, some of these weapons have reportedly been retired within weeks of hitting the battlefield.

When the US announced the delivery of GPS-guided Excalibur artillery shells to Ukraine in 2022, pro-Kiev outlets predicted that the $100,000-per-shot projectiles would make “Ukrainian artillery a whole lot more accurate” and “cause Russia a world of pain.”

However, the Russian military adapted within weeks, Ukrainian commanders told the Wall Street Journal. Russian signal-jamming equipment was used to feed false coordinates to the shells and interfere with their fuses, causing them to veer off course or fall to the ground as duds.

“By the middle of last year, the M982 Excalibur munitions, developed by RTX and BAE Systems, became essentially useless and are no longer employed,” the newspaper stated, paraphrasing the Ukrainian commanders.

NATO preparing for ‘protracted wars’ – PentagonREAD MORE: NATO preparing for ‘protracted wars’ – Pentagon
The Soviet Union invested heavily in electronic warfare (EW) during the 1980s, viewing jamming technology as a crucial bulwark against the guided missiles and shells that the US was beginning to develop at the time. While weapons such as the 1990s-era Excalibur shells were used by the US to devastating effect in Iraq and Afghanistan, officials and analysts in Washington have since concluded that they are far less effective against a peer-level opponent like Russia.

“The Russians have gotten really, really good” at interfering with guided munitions, US Deputy Secretary of Defense for Acquisition and Sustainment William LaPlante told the WSJ.

Retired US General Ben Hodges, who once predicted that Western weapons would help Ukraine seize Crimea by last winter, told the newspaper that “we probably made some bad assumptions because over the last 20 years we were launching precision weapons against people that could not do anything about it… and Russia and China do have these capabilities.”

Some of NATO’s most advanced weapons systems have met a similar fate in Ukraine. The newly-developed Ground-Launched Small Diameter Bomb (GLSDB), a joint project of Boeing in the US and Saab in Sweden, was given to Ukraine earlier this year, with Kiev’s troops firing these GPS-guided munitions before their American counterparts. However, it has since been pulled from the battlefield after it proved completely ineffective against Russian EW.
 
The administration of U.S. President Joe Biden should further lift restrictions on Ukraine’s use of American weaponry for strikes against targets on Russian soil, a ranking member of the U.S. House of Representative’s defense committee said.

In an exclusive interview with the Kyiv Independent, Congresswoman Betty McCollum (D-Minnesota) said that she and other House legislators will raise the issue with the White House this week as world leaders gather in Washington, D.C. for the NATO summit and Biden faces ongoing pressure to bow out of the presidential race.
 
NATO allies agree that Beijing is a "decisive enabler" of Russia's full-scale invasion of Ukraine, Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg said on July 10 at the alliance's summit in Washington.
 
NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg addressed U.S. restrictions on the use of long-range weapons to strike targets deep inside Russian territory during a press conference on July 10 by affirming Ukraine's "right to self-defense."
 
President Volodymyr Zelensky expressed gratitude to Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau for announcing a new military support package worth 500 million Canadian dollars ($367 million).
 
EU ambassadors lambasted Hungary during a meeting in Brussels on July 10 over the Hungarian prime minister's so-called "peace mission" that included visits to Russia and China, undisclosed European diplomats told the media.
 
Warusi wanazidi kuchinjwa tu 🥱 🥱 🥱
 

Attachments

  • 1720689471090.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 2
President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky and new UK Prime Minister Keir Starmer have discussed the permission to use Storm Shadow missiles against military targets in Russia.
 
Russia is changing the tactics of missile strikes, making them unexpected for the Ukrainian Armed Forces

"Yesterday, at about 16:00, the Russian Aerospace Forces used a Tu-95MS from the Dyaghilevo airfield, Ryazan region. The board was equipped with X-101 missiles, the launch was carried out in the Poltava region from the Saratov/Volgograd region at about 17:00.

As a result, there is an unexpected entry of cruise missiles into Ukrainian airspace,”
- Ukrainian resources complain.

"In the future, we may likely face unexpected missile attacks using Tu-95MS aircraft."
- they conclude.

@Slavyangrad
 

The strike hit a UAV and ammunition warehouse near the train station in Voznesensk, Nikolaev region of Ukraine, black smoke was visible at the site.

There were Ukrainian and NATO officers and officials in the warehouse at the time of the attack, and the mayor of Voznesensk was wounded.

@Slavyangrad
 
The first prisoners mobilized into the Ukrainian Armed Forces will be at the front by the end of summer, Ukrainian Justice Minister Malyuska told the Financial Times.

Now they are already undergoing military training, which will last at least two months.

Several prisoners told the publication that they are ready to mobilize because they want freedom and redemption. Others were motivated by higher salaries that could allow them to support their families.

Malyuska said the initial convict recruitment drive was expected to produce about 5,000 new recruits, and "under the most favorable circumstances" the number could triple.

Meanwhile, the 24th Mechanized Infantry Brigade announces the formation of the “Kharakterniki” battalion, in which former prisoners will serve. They have already taken the military oath and proclaimed the “prayer of the Ukrainian nationalist”

Soldier of Fortune. Subscribe!
 
Safi sana
 
Trained to die
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…